• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Artosis

Artosis

Featured Producer

• Moderators
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

Not sure exactly who made this deck, but it was given to me by Gnimsh. I played it a bunch on stream, and it kicks some ass. 

1x Charge

2x Execute

2x Shield Slam

1x Upgrade!

2x Fiery War Axe

1x Cleave

2x Slam

1x Bloodmage Thalnos

2x Cruel Taskmaster

1x Loot Horder

1x Nat Pagle

2x Novice Engineer

2x Shield Block

2x Earthen Ring Farseer

2x Kor'kron Elite

2x Brawl

1x Gadgetzan Auctioneer

1x The Black Knight

1x Gorehowl

1x Alexstraza

Enjoy!

• Lord Mou likes this

#2 Aberinkula

Aberinkula

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

I played against something like this using my shitty basic paladin deck to do my daily. All the guy seemed to do was armor up and heal himself with Farseer. Meanwhile my board filled up and just decimated him, and when he used Brawl, it didn't matter at that point.

#3 Kisstafer

Kisstafer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

I feel like you may as well add in the molten giant warsong commander stuff while you're at it.. lol

#4 SandMan

SandMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Tried this out whilst you were streaming it.

It is awfully fun... until Alexstraza is in the last 3 cards of your deck 2 games in a row :/ 

Saw you play some guy with a stranglethorn tiger in a similar deck as well which was interesting.

#5 Rishana

Rishana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

I really love this list and I'm super happy Gnimsh posted the deck list.

One thing I need to ask though is WHY IS THERE NO SYLVANAS IN THIS LIST?!?! She is so insanely good with Brawl I cannot imagine why she was excluded from the list.

#6 Masoot

Masoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

I really like this build.  While the essence of it is a gimmick, the rest of the control cards in the deck really round it out into something usable almost universally.  A complaint would be that if you don't get your combo in a timely manner then it can make for some very long and boring games.  Also, since there really is only one win condition it feels a little unsatisfying to play.

What are you all using as a counter to this besides identifying it early?  I find it's hard to tell wether it's this build or the other warrior otk with the giants and by then it's probably too late.

#7 lewo

lewo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationistanbul

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

I did not have a 2nd brawl and tested it,  it was 1-5

the deck really needs the 2nd brawl

with the 2nd brawl 4-0

(tested at casual mode)

#8 Winslow

Winslow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

I really like this build.  While the essence of it is a gimmick, the rest of the control cards in the deck really round it out into something usable almost universally.  A complaint would be that if you don't get your combo in a timely manner then it can make for some very long and boring games.  Also, since there really is only one win condition it feels a little unsatisfying to play.

What are you all using as a counter to this besides identifying it early?  I find it's hard to tell wether it's this build or the other warrior otk with the giants and by then it's probably too late.

This combo is countered with a single taunt creature on turn 8. You'd have to see it coming, of course (gore howl being equipped without attacking might be a clue).

#9 intr3pid

intr3pid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

I don't have all of the cards for this deck yet (Black Knight, Nat Pagle, and only 1 Brawl) but I swapped some of them out with Argent Defenders and Commanders. 

I've had pretty positive results. Naturally, those are situational at best but I feel that the Argent Commanders are an viable substitute for taking out pesky taunters in you don't have the Black Knight.

I have to be completely honest that one of the most enjoyable things I have experienced since starting Hearthstone is casting Alexstrasza and cast charge on her. Very satisfying.

#10 dog

dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMorocco

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

i wish i have brawl for this deck

#11 Kisstafer

Kisstafer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:54 AM

I took this deck and made it drastically better, and my playtesting shows that it only actually beats priest consistently, and *can* win against druid.  Everything else seems to be too fast or has too many taunts and runs you over.

• Winslow likes this

#12 Masoot

Masoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

I took this deck and made it drastically better, and my playtesting shows that it only actually beats priest consistently, and *can* win against druid.  Everything else seems to be too fast or has too many taunts and runs you over.

Hi Kisstafer, would you mind sharing with us what you did to make it drastically better?  Some more bits to deal with taunt or something to give it another kill condition perhaps?

#13 Kisstafer

Kisstafer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Ok I worked on it a bit more and now I actually like this deck, it seems a bit weak to aggro mage from playing it on ladder but I got it so you can win vs warlock and rogue at least.  http://imgur.com/083nSDb

#14 Rishana

Rishana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

No offense but I don't see how those changes really make the deck better in any way...

#15 Kisstafer

Kisstafer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

No offense but I don't see how those changes really make the deck better in any way...

The original deck doesn't even have wild pyromancer and only has 1x cleave and just falls over to aggro... So that's a start.  Did you even try playing them?

#16 KingBathos

KingBathos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

I am really enjoying Mir3y's take on this--the Alexstraza/Auctioneer deck. I've played more Warrior than any other class in Hearthstone and this is the first time I feel like I have a consistent control option. Furthermore, since the deck has a variety of damage dealers/kill scenarios, it is just fun getting mass card draw of the Auctioneer with charge/inner rage, without worrying about saving up a particular combo.

• Erixian likes this

#17 Rishana

Rishana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

I am really enjoying Mir3y's take on this--the Alexstraza/Auctioneer deck. I've played more Warrior than any other class in Hearthstone and this is the first time I feel like I have a consistent control option. Furthermore, since the deck has a variety of damage dealers/kill scenarios, it is just fun getting mass card draw of the Auctioneer with charge/inner rage, without worrying about saving up a particular combo.

I'm really liking the list as well... I found with Chargestraza I either dug into my combo and won or was doing all I could do to hold on. Being able to use charge and gorehowl without destroying my wincon really makes this list shine.

#18 Oxus

Oxus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Mir3y's warrior is pretty scary man.  These decks don't seem to have any super clear weaknesses, with their plethora of removal spells, "life" gain, card draw, and burst potential.

#19 Erixian

Erixian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

I think that Mir3y's is the most refined version of the deck so far. This deck will continue to get better, i think. It has great control options in the early, mid, and late game. I think that the deck could even benefit from a Ravenholt Assassin, and I have used it as well as Gorehowl, because opponents just hold onto their Ooze waiting for the Gorehowl. Ravenholt is more difficult to deal with in most cases.

#20 Rishana

Rishana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Mir3y's warrior is pretty scary man.  These decks don't seem to have any super clear weaknesses, with their plethora of removal spells, "life" gain, card draw, and burst potential.

Many people are struggling to overcome warlock aggro with it... They could just be playing the list poorly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users